Re: Patch for Delta Materialized View Refreshes

От John Dent
Тема Re: Patch for Delta Materialized View Refreshes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi folks,

I’ve updated this patch against 11.0, and tidied up a few loose ends.

d.

> On 5 Nov 2018, at 18:14, John Dent <denty@qqdd.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I failed to post a patch on the thread “Delta Materialized View Refreshes?” (Message-ID
1541368916681-0.post@n3.nabble.com),so I figured I’d try again and post directly this time. Hopefully this time, it’ll
makeit through. Thanks for your patience.

> (Original message follows…)
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I had a crack at this, and it was pretty simple to get something working to play around with, and it seems like it
mightbe useful.

> I developed it against 10.1, as that's what I happened to be working with at the time. The patch is pretty small, and
Ihoped it would apply cleanly
> against 11. Unfortunately it doesn't, but I doubt the issues are substantial. If there is interest in moving this
forward,I'll update and re-share.

> The patch enables pretty much exactly what Jeremy suggests — something like "refresh materialized view concurrently
testviewwhere type = 'main';” — with fairly obvious semantics.

> Welcome comments on the patch or approach.
>
> denty.
>
> <refresh-mv-where-clause.diff>

Вложения

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Performance improvements of INSERTs to a partitioned table
От: denty
Сообщение: Re: Delta Materialized View Refreshes?