Re: postgres hot-standby questions.

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: postgres hot-standby questions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Mar 26, 2015, at 12:42 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
>
> On Mar 26, 2015, at 12:17 PM, Graeme B. Bell <grb@skogoglandskap.no> wrote:
>>
>> ...I won't be able to directly apply the (promoted) standby's new WAL entries over the top of it.
>
> I see--there's our difference. When I do this, I am willing to stay on the standby for a while if need be.
>
>> A checkpoint or autovacuum might generate a small change/entry in WAL (I don't know this for sure regarding
autovacuum;this is a worst case assumption).

> I would think autovacuum would have to, since it writes some changes to at least index pages.

But you can disable autovacuum. And you can manually checkpoint. So maybe you'd just add that after shutting down
servicesthat access the db. (For me, that's mostly: "sudo launchctl unload my.particular.prefix.*")

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Сообщение: Re: postgres hot-standby questions.
Сообщение: Re: postgres hot-standby questions.