Re: --sync-method isn't documented to take an argument

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: --sync-method isn't documented to take an argument
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4 Oct 2023, at 16:51, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 4 Oct 2023, at 16:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I concluded a long time ago that it does nothing.
>
>> It does nothing in our current doc rendering, but if someone would like to
>> render docs with another style where it does make a difference it seems
>> unhelpful to not be consistent.
>
> To do that, we'd need some sort of agreement on what the possible
> "class" values are and when to use each one.  I've never seen any
> documentation about that.

Thats fair.  The 4.5 docbook guide isn't terribly helpful on what the
attributes mean and how they should be used:

    https://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/4.5/replaceable

In the 5.2 version the text is slightly expanded but not by all that much:

    https://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/5.2/replaceable

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Сообщение: Re: --sync-method isn't documented to take an argument
Сообщение: Re: --sync-method isn't documented to take an argument