high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights

От George, Harry G
Тема high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I'm looking for someone to help me understand the tradeoffs/alternatives/problems for high-availability on MS Windows clusters.  Willing to do it on this emaillist, but if that is too much traffic, can go direct email or phone.

I'm not actually the end-user/DBA for the task.   I'm (among other tasks) the Boeing OSS Toolkit product manager.   Postgresql is one of the (currently) 500 packages.  I provide support for selection, build/install/configure/use on a variety of UNIX and Linux systems, from laptops to mainframes, plus (usually binary) installs on various MS Windows systems.

A user asked for help re high-availability on MS Windows.   While I'm semi-competent with postgresql on single machines, I'm no cluster guru and only do MS Windows under duress.  After some searching and reading, I asked for help on comp.databases.postgresql, where I was redirected to this maillist.

Harry George   harry.g.george@boeing.com 425-717-7403
Notice:  This communication may contain sensitive information.  If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.  Respond to the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received.