Re: query log corrupted-looking entries

От George Pavlov
Тема Re: query log corrupted-looking entries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hoping to resurrect this thread. I am seeing more and more of this as
the database gets more usage and it really messes up query log analysis.

A quick summary: When I posted this was getting corrupted query log
entries. I still am. They look like this (the problem line + one line
before and after):

2007-05-15 14:24:52 PDT [3859]: [968-1] LOG:  duration: 0.071 ms
2007-05-15 14:24:52 PDT [3859]: [969-1] LOG:  statement2007-05-15
14:24:52 PDT [3885]: [208-1] LOG:  duration: 11.800 ms
: PREPARE <unnamed> AS SELECT P.IS_DISPLAY, P.IS_ACTIVE,
P.CITY_POSTAL_CODE_ID,P.property_name,P.address_1,P.address_2,

This seems to happen with statements of all lengths (some are long, but
many are not).

This used to happen on 8.1.3. I am now on: PostgreSQL 8.1.8 on
x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red
Hat 3.4.6-3)

I think what Tom suggested last (see below) is that I try something on
my machine, but it was not entirely to me what exactly and I failed to
follow up. I'd be happy to do any tests to help diagnose this better,
although I don't have a reliable way to reproduce it ("put a lot of
stress on the DB" is all I can do and hope it happens).

Thanks,

George