Re: Performance

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 10:12:09AM -0700, Donald Laurine wrote:
> Now my question. The performance of each of these databases is
> decreasing. I measure the average insert time to the database. This
> metric has decreased by about 300 percent over the last year. I run
> vacuum analyze and vacuum analyze full on a daily bases. I also run
> vacuum 4 time a day. Still the performance continues to drop. Are there
> some other performance activities I may try?. Are there other monitoring
> options I can use to indicate where the slow down is occurring?

Forget the VACUUM FULL, it's not worth running that often, it tends to
fragment indexes. At a guess it's probably index fragmentation thats
getting you. Try reindexing some of the larger tables, or just reindex
everything. Also, CLUSTER is better at compacting tables than VACUUM
FULL.

Hope this helps,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения