Re: pg_toast oid limits

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: pg_toast oid limits
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, I'm running that now. (/twiddles thumbs) The disks are pretty much saturated at the moment, so everything is taking a long time.

I'm a little confused about the limit. Is it 4 billion oids for the whole database, or just per table? I keep coming back to this line, from https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/TOAST

"If you exceed 4 billion of these rows across all tables (remember this is a global shared wrapping counter), then the OID counter "wraps" which might cause significant slowdown as you approach the 4B row limit."

We are actually in the process of attempting to create new tables (one for each of these large columns in this large table), and this process may have actually accelerated our use of oids, if it's a global pool.

Thanks for your help!
Natalie