Re: Error while starting postgreSQL service

От Gregory Williamson
Тема Re: Error while starting postgreSQL service
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Sima asked:

<...>

> While starting the postgreSQL service, i get the error message as
>
> Could not open process token "error code-5"
>
> Appreciate if any one can help me out on this issue.

Without more information its hard to say -- you might provide some information about what operating system and what version of postgreSQL.

I have some vague memories of "error code 5" being sometimes a message that indicates that there are insufficient file handles available. Not sure if this applies in your case, so if you coulkd provide more context a more helpful response might be found from some one on this list.

On a side note this, cross-posting is usually not considered good form; the admin list is probably the most suitable for this one. And the list owner is almost never the right address since that's an alias for isssues about the list itself, such as signing up, etc.

HTH,

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC, a DigitalGlobe company

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)