Re: What happend to the Exoffice XA package?

От Kovács Péter
Тема Re: What happend to the Exoffice XA package?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The physical connection is not released in XAResourceImpl.commit() after a
successful commit (on the physical connection). This results in a constantly
increasing number of physical connections, even if only one physical
connection is needed at a time. (A physical connection gets
recycled/"garbage collected", as the package internal timer for the
transaction, in which the connection participated, expires.)

I admit that I do not have an extensive experience in writing tools for
distributed applications, but based on the JTA spec and on OMG's OTS spec it
seems to be pretty clear, that a resource manager has not much to do after a
normal commit or rollback -- only heuristic decision must be remembered and
accounted for later on, until forget is called on the XAResource.

XAResourceImpl.commit() may have been intentionally implemented so in the
Exoffice package, the author may have had some subtle considerations in
mind, but even if so, they do not have much relevance to PostgreSQL, because
all this is 2pc related stuff that is (as far as I know) not supported by
the PostgreSQL backend.

Peter