uppercase database name in backup & restore in pgagmin 1.12.2 windows give errors

От Doug Easterbrook
Тема uppercase database name in backup & restore in pgagmin 1.12.2 windows give errors
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
hi there:

I know this is for bug reports, so I'll report the one I've run into on windows.    I haven't tried OSX as I normally do command line to backup and restore databases.

platform: windows

pgdmin version 1.12.2

the issue:

if the database name that you create is in mixed case and you try to restore it using right-click restore, the command in the pgadmin window will escape the database name but pg_Restore will not restore it.

If I change the database name to be all lower case and restore, it works (and then I can change it to upper case).

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
Phone (403) 536-1205    Fax (403) 536-1210