Re: some window sizes are not ok

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: some window sizes are not ok
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Le 07/01/2011 07:47, Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> Hello Guillaume,
>
> On 05.01.2011 09:23, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>
>>> Screen size: 1024 x 600 (16:9)
>>>
>> You won't have a good experience with such a small display. IIRC, you
>> need at least 1024x768.
>
> Let me point out something here:
>
> 600 is the size of eeepc and other notebooks.
>
> Before I wrote my email I made  the mistake and asked on IRC.
> The result was that more ppl complained that it is a little bit
> annoying to use pgadmin on notebook.
>
> It seems to be a common use case that users just use notebook
> to administrate the server.
>
> One argument pro PostgreSQL is that the graphical administrator
> works also on notebooks at all.
>
> This is a great advantage that we have against another well known
> open source DBMS.
>
> And I just want to plead you to stay notebook compatible.

There is no way to *stay* notebook compatible because we've never been.
Anyway, my laptop has a big resolution (1440x900), I don't own a netbook
myself, and I don't intend to buy one just on the idea to write one
patch. So, if you, or someone else, wants to work on this, sure, go
ahead. I make no promise it'll ever be applied, but it'll be at least
reviewed.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com