Re: How to unzoom the window

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: How to unzoom the window
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 2021-04-01 1:10 a.m., Dave Page wrote:
> Jack is running '4.29-nwjs', which was a pre-5.0 test build of the nwjs based
> user interface. It does not use a browser, nor does it have zoom functionality
> (unless there are some previously unknown and undocumented hotkeys in nwjs).
> Zoom for the primary window was added in 5.1, and will be improved further in
> 5.2 to support child windows (unfortunately that code turned out to be kinda
> tricky to implement, and didn't make it in time for the 5.1 release).

Since the original message was about MacOS, I know as a Mac user that there are
a bunch of things that implicitly work in many places one might not expect them to.

For example, if a regular non-editable status or error message or dialog box
appears on the screen and there are no corresponding menu options, I can still
use my mouse to click-drag and highlight text in the displayed message and CMD-C
will copy it and I can paste it in another program.  I did this just the other
day while documenting a program.

Similarly, perhaps certain zoom-related things are just built-in to certain
MacOS UI elements so if pgAdmin is implemented in terms of those then zooming
may work to an extent just because its built-in to the OS.

For that matter, in MacOS System Preferences, there are a number of universal
options available for assisting people with disabilities, including general UI
zooming things, and perhaps one of those was triggered somehow?

I'm just guessing here.

-- Darren Duncan