Re: Vaccuum/Analyze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vaccuum/Analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brickley Jeff-RA9607 <Jeff.Brickley@motorola.com> writes:
> I am running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on a Sun 5.8 OS.  I have a database named metrics with 4 tables.  A few of the tables
containapprox. 10 million records. When I run a vaccuum/analyze with the following command:
> vacuumdb -d metrics -z -v
> the process 'hangs' for several hours and then an error message appears that says:
> vacuumdb: vacuum metrics failed.
> ERROR: RelationClearRelation: Relation 16599 deleted while still in use.

> Watching the stdout I see the process is 'hanging' on analyzing one of my tables called file_dup.  This table has no
datain it.   What strikes me as odd is that I ran vacuumdb against the file_dup table itself:
> (vacuumdb -z -v -t 'file_dup' metrics) and it completed within seconds without errors.

I'd be inclined to wonder what else is accessing that database.  Could
some other process be sitting with an open transaction that has that
table locked?