Re: pg_dump & Win 9X/NT

От Michael Timme
Тема Re: pg_dump & Win 9X/NT
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

pvcb> I tried to use pg_dump + pg_restore, but I don't know the correct usage of
pvcb> them under Win 9X/NT. I'd appreciate any tips in that matter.

create a dump file with pg_dump like
   pg_dump -h sourcehost dbname > outputfile.dump

then connect to the other machine and create the new database
   psql -h desthost -d template1
   create database new_dbname;

exit and connect now with the generated datafile

   psql -h desthost -d new_dbname < outputfile.dump

I tried this way and it works.

regards Michael Timme

--
Michael Timme