Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch
Дата
Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> But there's nothing wrong with saying "it's slow because your
> libc is slow. Compile with this freely available library which has a better
> implementation".

The hole in that argument is the assumption that there *is* a freely
available library that can be used (where freely == BSD license).
We wouldn't be having this discussion if we knew of one.

Сообщение: Re: Question about explain of index scan
Сообщение: Re: Question about explain of index scan