Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> The hole in that argument is the assumption that there *is* a freely
> available library that can be used (where freely == BSD license).
> We wouldn't be having this discussion if we knew of one.

I see this discussion as another reason to use ICU, I mean complete
rewrite of locale handling to use ICU on all platforms. I know it's big
project but it's doable for 8.2 and it would virtually solve all locale
problems and could be base for new unicode/locale features. I am not
sure if this is the way postgres wants to go tho (having dependency on
such a big and uncommon library).

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)