Re: Connect without specifying a database?

От lists@mgreg.com
Тема Re: Connect without specifying a database?
Дата
Re: Connect without specifying a database?  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
Re: Connect without specifying a database?  (Ries van Twisk <pg@rvt.dds.nl>)
Список pgsql-general

On Apr 11, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

The answer is still "no". :-)

The usual thing it to connect to the "postgres" database (or to
"template1" in older versions of PG), and then you can issue queries to
see what's there. You're pretty much guaranteed that one of those
databases will exist (they're created by initdb), unless whoever
installed the server did something strange.

Ray.

Hrm...Ok, well, for the record, I'm moving some systems from MySQL to Postgres and am in the process of getting familiar with it.  I was hoping there were some higher level management items like "show databases", and "show tables", etc in Postgres as well.  I also didn't want to depend on there being a table there that I needed to "get in the door" with, so to speak.  I'm guessing no one in the community sees this addition as desirable (or feasible)?

Thanks for the replies,
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Connect without specifying a database?
Сообщение: Re: Connect without specifying a database?