Re: Connect without specifying a database?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Connect without specifying a database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"lists@mgreg.com" <lists@mgreg.com> writes:
> Hrm...Ok, well, for the record, I'm moving some systems from MySQL to
> Postgres and am in the process of getting familiar with it.  I was
> hoping there were some higher level management items like "show
> databases", and "show tables", etc in Postgres as well.

There are, although we don't spell the commands like that.  This is not
relevant to the question of whether it makes sense to connect without
being connected to a specific database.  It doesn't, because the
catalogs that you have to inspect to find out anything are
database-specific.

Сообщение: Re: Connect without specifying a database?
Сообщение: Re: Connect without specifying a database?