Re: performance impact of non-C locale

От Axel Rau
Тема Re: performance impact of non-C locale
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Am 11.09.2008 um 11:29 schrieb Peter Eisentraut:

>> What other performance impacts can be expected?
>
> The performance impact is mainly with string comparisons and sorts.
> I suggest you run your own tests to find out what is acceptable in
> your scenario.
Im not yet convinced to switch to non-C locale. Is the following
intended behavior:
With lc_ctype  C:          select lower('ÄÖÜ'); => ÄÖÜ
With lc_ctype  en_US.utf8  select lower('ÆÅË'); => æåë
? (Both have server encoding UTF8)

Axel
---

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: performance impact of non-C locale
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: performance impact of non-C locale