Re: \COPY to accept non UTF-8 chars in CHAR columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: \COPY to accept non UTF-8 chars in CHAR columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> In short, it there a way to let \COPY accept such broken ISO bytes, just
> complaining about, but not stopping the insert of the row?

No.  We don't particularly believe in the utility of invalid data.

If you don't actually care about what encoding your data is in,
you could use SQL_ASCII as the database "encoding" and thereby
disable all UTF8-specific behavior.  Otherwise, maybe this conversion
is a good time to clean up the mess?