Re: Postgres dying after many failed logins

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres dying after many failed logins
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lynn Carol Johnson <lcj34@cornell.edu> writes:
> My question:  Is this expected behavior, ie that the server will
> shutdown after hours of failed attempts?

There is nothing built-in that would cause that, and frankly I doubt
that there is any direct connection.  It could be that the AWS environment
imposes some resource limit (i.e., total number of child processes
spawned) that the postmaster is eventually hitting because of the
hack attempts.  However, if that's true, I wouldn't really expect it to
manifest as anything as polite as a SIGTERM signal.  So I think there
is something else going on.  You need to look for what in your environment
could send the postmaster a SIGTERM.  Can you correlate the shutdown with
anything?  One thing I'm wondering is if it matches the time of shutdown
of whatever you're launching the postmaster with.