Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: WAL directory size calculation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il 29/07/2016 15:13,
      FarjadFarid(ChkNet) ha scritto:

      cite="mid:000c01d1e99a$f2825c40$d78714c0$@checknetworks.com"
      type="cite">

        medium)">
      <!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
    {font-family:"Cambria Math";
    panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
    {font-family:Calibri;
    panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
    {font-family:Consolas;
    panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
    {margin:0cm;
    margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    font-size:12.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
    color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
    {mso-style-priority:99;
    color:blue;
    text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
    {mso-style-priority:99;
    color:purple;
    text-decoration:underline;}
    {mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
    margin-right:0cm;
    mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
    margin-left:0cm;
    font-size:12.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
    color:black;}
pre
    {mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
    margin:0cm;
    margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Courier New";
    color:black;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
    {mso-style-name:msonormal;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
    margin-right:0cm;
    mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
    margin-left:0cm;
    font-size:12.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
    color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
    {mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
    font-family:Consolas;
    color:black;}
span.moz-txt-tag
    {mso-style-name:moz-txt-tag;}
span.EmailStyle22
    {mso-style-type:personal;
    font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
    color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle23
    {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
    font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
    color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
    {mso-style-type:export-only;
    font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
    {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
    margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
    {page:WordSection1;}
-->

style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">If
            you add a URL to an ftp with SSL certificate. Your backup
            will be much quicker and if someone stole the computer the
            images are still encrypted as before. It is just the source
            where data comes from that changes.

    ... and if while working the Internet connection drops....? or my
    office is not covered by broadband at all (and, still in 2016, in
    Italy there are so many places not covered by broadband... no adsl,
    no wi-max, low-performing mobile)?
    Local copies of databases that we synchronize are made to permit
    users to work even if no internet connection is available (since
    they're doctors, they have to have their data available almost all
    the time)

    This architecture is made by design. Some years ago, when we started
    designing our software, we went into this situation, and the
    question was "Why don't we have just a remote server and users
    connect remotely, instead of having replicas in their places?"
    This can ease updates, troubleshooting, almost everything.
    After a while, the answer we went into is exactly as above. Until we
    have slow and unreliable Internet connections (fiber coverage is
    growing, but it's still very sparse) so we can't count on them, we
    can't rely only to a remote server.

    Thanks
    Moreno

      cite="mid:000c01d1e99a$f2825c40$d78714c0$@checknetworks.com"
      type="cite">

style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">

style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">

            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm">
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext"
                  lang="EN-US">From:<span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowtext"
                lang="EN-US"> Moreno Andreo