Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi> writes:
> Here's a new version of the patch, deprecating pg_parse_and_rewrite.

I started looking at this patch, and I'm wondering why you inserted all
the Register/UnregisterSnapshot calls that weren't there before (eg, why
did spi.c have to change at all?).  ISTM either these are not necessary,
or there is a pre-existing snapshot management bug that's independent
of the question of just when to take new snapshots.  I couldn't find
anything in the thread claiming the latter though.