Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
>>  The fact that Postgres already
>> explicitly supports comment metadata in its system catalog means it must
>> already know something about this.
>
> We support what?

Postgres has "COMMENT ON ..." SQL for various database objects and I assumed
that said comments would be stored in the system catalog.
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-comment.html

> The solution to this is simple, and was previously discussed on this list:
>
> (a) have a postgresql.conf.auto
> (b) add a default include for postgresql.conf.auto at the beginning of
> PostgreSQL.conf
> (c) SQL updates go to postgresql.conf.auto, which consists only of
> "setting = value" in alphabetical order.
> (d) We document that settings which are changed manually in
> postgresql.conf will override postgresql.conf.auto.
> (e) $$profit$$!!

I agree that this looks like an effective solution.

-- Darren Duncan

Сообщение: Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies
Сообщение: Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies