Re: new function for tsquery creartion

От Aleksandr Parfenov
Тема Re: new function for tsquery creartion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello hackers,

On 2018-03-28 12:21, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> It doesn't sound right to me to accept any input as a general rule but
> sometimes return errors nevertheless. That API would be complicated for
> the users. Thus I suggest to accept any garbage and try our best to
> interpret it.

I agree with Aleksander about silencing all errors in
websearch_to_tsquery().

In the attachment is a revised patch with the attempt to introduce an
ability to ignore syntax errors in gettoken_tsvector().
I'm also read through the patch and all the code looks good to me except
one thing.
The name of enum ts_parsestate looks more like a name of the function
than a name of a type.
In my version, it renamed to QueryParserState, but you can fix it if I'm
wrong.

--
Aleksandr Parfenov
Russian Postgres Company