Re: PQmakeEmptyPQresult makes my application dumps core?

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: PQmakeEmptyPQresult makes my application dumps core?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Adam PAPAI <wooh@wooh.hu> writes:
>> Usually our program dumps core several times a day, but the reason is
>> unknown. All I know from the core file is the lines below.
>
> That failure is inside malloc, not PQmakeEmptyPQresult, and the odds
> are extremely high that the reason is some part of your program
> clobbering memory that doesn't belong to it (and thereby damaging
> malloc's internal data structures).  Try running your program under
> Electric Fence or some other debugging malloc package.

Incidentally glic comes with such a debugging malloc which you can get by
defining the environment variable MALLOC_CHECK_ before starting your program.

In bash you can do this by running your program with something like:

 MALLOC_CHECK_=3 ./myprogram

--
  Gregory Stark