Re: PQmakeEmptyPQresult makes my application dumps core?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PQmakeEmptyPQresult makes my application dumps core?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Adam PAPAI <wooh@wooh.hu> writes:
> Usually our program dumps core several times a day, but the reason is
> unknown. All I know from the core file is the lines below.

That failure is inside malloc, not PQmakeEmptyPQresult, and the odds
are extremely high that the reason is some part of your program
clobbering memory that doesn't belong to it (and thereby damaging
malloc's internal data structures).  Try running your program under
Electric Fence or some other debugging malloc package.