Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I still think you might be over-designing this.  Upgrading from the
> pre-extension world doesn't need to be elegant; it just has to work.

Allow me to disagree here.  The main use case is not supporting users
that upgrade with extensions to 9.1, but to allow people working on
their own applications to some day realise they could as well package
their PL code into a set of extensions.

Please check my version aliases proposal and how it fits in there.
--
Dimitri Fontaine