Re: Creating new cluster by copying directory?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Creating new cluster by copying directory?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> writes:

> So it's safe to copy the files in /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main to /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/test while main is running?

Yes, provided that you put main in backup mode and then do a PITR when
you bring up this new test instance.

If your main DB is running but absolutely idle, you might get away
just starting it in which case the postmaster will do a regular crash
recovery but I'll presume your source instance 'main' isn't idle.

Study the manual sections relating to backup/PITR.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: Creating new cluster by copying directory?
Сообщение: Re: Creating new cluster by copying directory?