Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> max_standby_delay is set in recovery.conf, value 0 (forever) -
> 2,000,000
>> secs, settable in milliseconds. So think of it like a deadlock
> detector
>> for recovery apply.
>
> Aha!  A deadlock is a type of serialization failure.  (In fact, on
> databases with lock-based concurrency control rather than MVCC, it can
> be the ONLY type of serialization failure.)

I think the fundamental difference is that a deadlock or serialization failure
can be predicted as a potential problem when writing the code. This is
something that can happen for any query any time, even plain old read-only
select queries.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's 24x7 Postgres support!

Сообщение: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items