Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Increasing the waiting time increases the failover time and thus
> decreases the value of the standby as an HA system. Others value high
> availability higher than you and so we had agreed to provide an option
> to allow the max waiting time to be set.

Sure, it's a nice option to have. But I think the default should be to pause
WAL replay.

The question I had was whether your solution for btree pointers marked dead
and later dropped from the index works when the user hasn't configured a
timeout and doesn't want standby queries killed.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!

Сообщение: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items