Re: Version String

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Version String
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sam Nelson <samn@consistentstate.com> writes:

> Hi, list
>
> We're attempting to change the version string for a Postgres Plus
> instance to sort of trick a standard Postgres ODBC driver into
> connecting to the pgplus instance.  I know there is a postgres
> plus ODBC driver out there, but, while I don't know the specifics of
> why, it's currently not being used, and I believe there's a good
> reason for that (although we have asked and are waiting for a
> response).
>
> So, is this doable?  Is there a way to change the version string that postgres reports back to us?

alter function pg_catalog.version() rename to version_old;

create function pg_catalog.version() returns text
as $$select 'fake version goes here'::text$$ language sql;;

I am not making any claim as to this being a good practice :-)

Try it though on your dev system and see what happens.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting