Re: 'make check' fails

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: 'make check' fails
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 Tom> No doubt this is related to the generated-headers changes I've
 Tom> been making, but I find your recipe confusing. "make clean" should
 Tom> not have removed the generated headers from the previous build. I
 Tom> can believe that if you started from a bare git checkout, did
 Tom> configure and then immediately "make check", that would fail ...
 Tom> but I don't think that worked before either. If it did it was
 Tom> certainly subject to parallel-make race conditions.

 Tom> Please be more explicit about what state you're starting from.

This is consistently failing for me, on FreeBSD with GNU Make 4.2.1,
clang 3.9.1, at commit 651cb90941:

git clean -dfx
./configure '--prefix=/home/andrew/work/pgsql/head' \
 '--with-includes=/usr/local/include' '--with-libs=/usr/local/lib' \
 '--enable-debug' '--enable-depend' 'CFLAGS=-O0' '--enable-cassert' \
gmake -j4
gmake clean
gmake -j4 check

install.log shows:

relpath.c:21:10: fatal error: 'catalog/pg_tablespace_d.h' file not found
#include "catalog/pg_tablespace_d.h"
         ^
1 error generated.

--