Re: 'make check' fails

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 'make check' fails
Дата
Re: 'make check' fails  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>  Tom> Please be more explicit about what state you're starting from.

> This is consistently failing for me, on FreeBSD with GNU Make 4.2.1,
> clang 3.9.1, at commit 651cb90941:

> git clean -dfx
> ./configure '--prefix=/home/andrew/work/pgsql/head' \
>  '--with-includes=/usr/local/include' '--with-libs=/usr/local/lib' \
>  '--enable-debug' '--enable-depend' 'CFLAGS=-O0' '--enable-cassert' \
> gmake -j4
> gmake clean
> gmake -j4 check

Oh ... I forgot that "make clean" removes the symlinks in
src/include/catalog.  Still, that also removes
src/include/utils/errcodes.h, so there was a parallel-make hazard
here before too.

We can fix this by making submake-generated-headers be a recursive
prerequisite for "check" as well as "all" and "install".  I wonder
whether anybody is expecting any other shortcuts to work.