Re: assert in nested SQL procedure call in current HEAD

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: assert in nested SQL procedure call in current HEAD
Дата
Re: assert in nested SQL procedure call in current HEAD  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> Did you miss the fact that the issue only occurs when the top-level
 >> procedure does a rollback? The problem is not with nested calls, but
 >> rather with the fact that commit or rollback is leaving
 >> ActiveSnapshot unset, which is (as Tom pointed out at the linked
 >> post) not the expected condition inside PL code.

 Peter> We need that so that we can run things like SET TRANSACTION
 Peter> ISOLATION.

While testing this, I ran into another semi-related issue:
shmem_exit_inprogress isn't ever being cleared in the postmaster, which
means that if you ever have a crash-restart, any attempt to do a
rollback in a procedure will then crash or get some other form of
corruption again every time until you manually restart the cluster.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Сообщение: Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?