Re: problem with the build file?

От Nic Ferrier
Тема Re: problem with the build file?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:

> Nic,
>
> Your change shouldn't be necessary.  Since even though the directory is
> excluded, the particular files in it that are referenced from the
> included directories will automatically be compiled because they are
> referenced from the other classes that are being compiled.  That is the
> way javac works when compiling classes, it automatically compiles any
> dependent objects as well.

Ok, it's been a while since I studided javac.

But last time I looked javac couldn't find a source file if it had not been
passed to the compiler (on the command line, or as part of an @ file
or via the API).

The ANT task excludes the jdbc1 files from being passed to the
compiler.

I've just confirmed that this is broken. Here's what I did (with the
old ant script):

- added the line:

     System.out.println("one");

to file org/postgresql/jdbc1/AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java

- make (to build jdbc2)

the 1 file gets compiled.

- change the line to:

     System.out.println("two");

- make (to build jdbc2)

No files get compiled.

Of course, the chanbge to "two" should be compiled but isn't because
ant has excluded the source file from the compiler.

So, I think it is necessary.

Nic