Re: Version Numbering -- The great debate

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Version Numbering -- The great debate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Huh?  That is exactly counter to most people's expectations about
> version numbering.  N.0 is the unstable release, N.1 is the one
> with some bugs shaken out.  If we release a 7.5 people will expect
> it to be less buggy than 7.4, and I'm not sure we can promise that.

I agree with this, and from my non-authoritative viewpoint as a user
and rabid advocate, I think we should be going with 8.0 for this
release as well.  :)

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863