Re: Version Numbering -- The great debate

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Version Numbering -- The great debate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> writes:
> I think that the set of new features here will fairly likely warrant
> the "8.0" moniker; the 'consistent' way to go would be to call this
> version 7.5, and then 8.0 would soon follow, and be the release where
> some degree of improved "maturity" has been achieved for:

Huh?  That is exactly counter to most people's expectations about
version numbering.  N.0 is the unstable release, N.1 is the one
with some bugs shaken out.  If we release a 7.5 people will expect
it to be less buggy than 7.4, and I'm not sure we can promise that.