Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> scrappy@postgresql.org (Marc G. Fournier) writes:
>>         configure (r1.570 -> r1.571)
>>         (http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/configure?r1=1.570&r2=1.571)
>
> It appears that Marc has got autoconf 2.61 installed now, instead of the
> 2.59 that we've been using for some time.  I'm a bit concerned about the
> implications of switching to a version that's got zero track record for
> us, and that AFAIK no other committers have installed.  I'd rather see
> a switch happen at the start of a devel cycle than at beta3; and in any
> case it's got to be coordinated so that what is in the release doesn't
> vary depending on who committed last.

Why is configure even checked in to CVS?

That wouldn't change any of your questions though, it just shifts the point in
the process at which the version of autoconf has to be controlled to the
release tarball creation step rather than when people are checking in changes.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!