Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file
Дата
Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs

 >> I don't yet know about 2.9.8, but the crash with 2.9.4 is a bug in
 >> libxml2's error handling which has _nothing to do_ with which API
 >> you use. Read the analysis I posted.

 Pavel> ok. Probably there are more than one issue. 1. crash, 2. raising
 Pavel> huge input lookup, maybe other.

It's certainly possible that the error that provokes the crash is
libxml2 complaining that the tag name is too long or whatever.

 Pavel> libxml2 is great library,

HAH. From reading the code, as I have been for much of today, it's
pretty damn bad.

Interestingly, the FreeBSD package build of PG now disables XML by
default on account of libxml2's very poor security record. We need a
better XML library :-(

--
Andrew.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file