Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file
Дата
Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> Interestingly, the FreeBSD package build of PG now disables XML by
> default on account of libxml2's very poor security record.

It's hard to argue with their choice.

> We need a better XML library :-(

Is there one anywhere?  (I think writing our own is right out.)

Should we be officially deprecating XML facilities and telling people
to head towards JSON?  There at least we have control of the quality
of implementation ...