Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Um, you're right, I hadn't done the test properly.  If I have an open
> psql session across TCP and do pg_ctl stop -m fast, then I can't
> start a new postmaster until the socket goes out of CLOSE_WAIT state.
> Which, if I just leave the psql session sit there, seems to mean
> "indefinitely" ... so it's even worse than just a TCP timeout.

That's still not quite right. Are you running the client and server on the
same machine? Shutting down the server should put its connection in FIN_WAIT1
which would immediately go to FIN_WAIT2 if psql is still reachable. I think
the connection you're seeing in CLOSE_WAIT is the client's end of the
connection.

Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?