Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Um, you're right, I hadn't done the test properly.  If I have an open
>> psql session across TCP and do pg_ctl stop -m fast, then I can't
>> start a new postmaster until the socket goes out of CLOSE_WAIT state.
>> Which, if I just leave the psql session sit there, seems to mean
>> "indefinitely" ... so it's even worse than just a TCP timeout.

> That's still not quite right. Are you running the client and server on the
> same machine?

Yeah.  The behavior might well be different if they're on different
machines ... but it's moot in any case, since the point is that without
SO_REUSEADDR we have at least an exposure to a TCP-timeout delay before
being able to start a new postmaster.

Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?