Re: [ADMIN] synchronous_standby_name format

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: [ADMIN] synchronous_standby_name format
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been asked to make our setup a little more secure. So, I thought
> I would restrict which servers could replicate from our primary.
> However, it does not appear that 9.6.3 can use a FQDN entry for this
> parameter. Plus, our hostnames include "-" characters, and that seems
> to break the system as well. Shouldn't synchronous_standby_names
> accept a FQDN with a dot or a dash in the hostname or is this maybe a
> bug? (Flame suit on)

HBA file is where you restrict access based on IP/netmask or DNS names.

synchronous_standby_names has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] synchronous_standby_name format
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] synchronous_standby_name format