Re: Database migration across different operating systems

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Database migration across different operating systems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

 Natalie> Thanks, Andrew.

 Natalie> All of our databases do have lc_collate=C. To check my
 Natalie> understanding, if that were not the case, we’d need to
 Natalie> reindex, but since it is all lc_collate=C, we shouldn’t run
 Natalie> into that particular problem. Did I get that right?

To be completely precise, it's not enough to have lc_collate=C, you also
need to not have indexed columns with individually specified non-default
collations. i.e. what matters is not so much the database setting, but
the actual collation being used for indexed columns (because it's the
collation that determines the order in which values appear in the

Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)