Re: Force WAL cleanup on running instance

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Force WAL cleanup on running instance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Torsten Krah <krah.tm@gmail.com> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, den 11.03.2020, 15:45 +0000 schrieb Simon Riggs:
>
>> The size of the task varies, so sometimes takes longer than 60s,
>> depending
>> upon your hardware.
>
> Yes that's what I am observing and why I am asking if there is some
> select statement or command which triggers that task and returns after
> it has finished - as I can't predict how long that task may run.

If your site can afford a restart after the bulk load,

1. Clean shutdown.
2. pg_resetwal
3. Start

That should leave you with a very small N WAL files, perhaps just 1,
though I've not run it lately to reverify.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: Force WAL cleanup on running instance
Сообщение: Re: Force WAL cleanup on running instance