Re:

От Jason Earl
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"calios" <calios@celcom.net.my> writes:

> Hello...i'm a beginner in pgsql...and know nothing about it....  I
> hope there's somebody out there could help me....  I'm doing a
> project called 'graphical user interface for postgresql
> database"....

That's a very descriptive title :).

> The output has to be like MS Access...interface with functions....
> And I'm going to do it using java.....

This sounds like a very useful thing to build.

> My questions are...
> 1.can it be done in windows envinronent? I'm using winxp pro

Yes, Java runs just fine under Windows.

> 2.how to connect the database? Using odbc or what?

You would probably want to connect to the database using PostgreSQL's
JDBC driver.  See: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/

> 3.what are the other requirements that I need?

I am not a Java hacker myself, and so I can't be quite sure what other
Java tools might be useful.

> Pls help me as this is my final year thesis projects...
> Thank you....

Good Luck,
Jason Earl