Re: cvs postgresql current lacks 'ksqo' ? odbc/pgadmin does not work

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: cvs postgresql current lacks 'ksqo' ? odbc/pgadmin does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> writes:
> Now I'm unable to connect with either PGAdmin2 1.2
> nor PGAdmin2 1.3.60 to the database - it returns an
> unspecified error message.
> I was able to track it down to the fact, that pgodbc
> which in turn is used by pgadmin, sets some compatibility
> parameters per default, such as "set ksqo to 'ON'"
> which happens to gone away with postgresql-current.

My vague recollection is that this is fixed in the development version
of the ODBC driver, but someone from the ODBC camp should probably
confirm that...

> Btw, what happend to the ksqo anyways?

KSQO hasn't actually worked since PostgreSQL 7.0, and was a bad idea
in the first place, IMHO. It has been put out of its misery in the
development sources.

Cheers,

Neil

--