Re: Mailing archive URL stability

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Mailing archive URL stability
Дата
Список pgsql-www
"Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:

> Still, it would be pretty useful to have a facility for searching
> messages by Message-Id (which are unique and immutable).  If the "patch
> queue" consisted solely of Message-Ids, it would be pretty easy and
> quick to locate the exact message in the archives.

The nice thing about using message-ids would be that we could locate those
messages in other storage aside from the archives -- such as our local mail
spool.

(The down-side is that message-ids are not necessarily unique. In particular
it doesn't identify which copy of a message you're referring to when it was
sent to addresses. Mailers also sometimes mess up and generate duplicate
message-ids. But I don't think either of these issues affect us here though.)

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: