Re: Mailing archive URL stability

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Mailing archive URL stability
Дата
Re: Mailing archive URL stability  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Mailing archive URL stability  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Decibel! wrote:
>> Moving to -www
>>
>> On Feb 9, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Yeah, it happens that way for me too.  The other huge, huge problem with
>>> it is the lack of stability of URLs for the items in the list, which
>>> makes it difficult to identify which item you're talking about.
>>
>> Wasn't someone going to look into having the mailing list generate a
>> header that would be universally unique and un-changing?
>
> The archive URLs *are* stable. It's the ones in Bruces patch-queue that
> aren't, and that's because he sometimes deletes mail. In the archives we
> don't delete, so they stay stable.

Still, it would be pretty useful to have a facility for searching
messages by Message-Id (which are unique and immutable).  If the "patch
queue" consisted solely of Message-Ids, it would be pretty easy and
quick to locate the exact message in the archives.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Mailing archive URL stability
Сообщение: Re: Mailing archive URL stability